|“||I fell from grace trying to prove a point. I was banished for eternity in the lowest pits of the Abyss, for trying to show my brethren and my beloved Father on how flawed and murderous you humans are. And in the end, what do they do? They shun me, spit on me, and exile me. While you freely pollute and slaughter the planet He put you on. You don't deserve to live.||„|
|— Lucifer about his fall.|
Lucifer was one of the first angels to be created by God. Lucifer was said to be the brightest in all of creation and was the most revered to and the most praised among the angels for his beauty and power. This in the process, caused Lucifer to be prideful of himself.
Lucifer is said to be a True Archangel and one of the first to be created, thus he was appointed as the prince of the choir. Lucifer illuminated the pathways to Paradise for departed and misguided souls, burning through the shadow of Death to reveal the morning of Jehovah.
So immense was his grace and power that his throne was positioned atop a mountain anointed by God Himself; adorned with burning stones known only as the stones of fire, infused with the fires of the Sun to give light to the dead and the lost as Lucifer guided them to Paradise.
While in Heaven, Lucifer was considered the most beautiful out of all of God's creations. After his fall, he retained his angelic appearance, apart aside from his burned black wings.
In his human form, Lucifer is a 40-year-old male, 1.8 tall, with short hair. He wears a pair of dress shoes, a black suit, a button-down shirt with white stripes, and a loose blue tie accented by a beige overcoat. In another human form, Lucifer has short, messy blond hair and light blue eyes. He is six feet tall. Her usual attire consists of a green t-shirt, a loose dark green shirt, blue jeans and dark shoes. Lucifer is able to summon about 14 black wings on his back, which were originally white as the snow. The number 14 is said to represent God's perfect number.
In his demonic form, Lucifer drastically changes his appearance, in this form the Morning Star's skin is thick, he has goat's paws, claws sprout from his hands and he has a dragon's tail. His face becomes a satanic scowl, with black horns and red fangs. When it takes on this appearance, people are startled by the drastic shift from angelic beauty to a horrible monster. Lucifer, when he sees people's reactions, likes to joke saying: "the Devil has many faces".
|“||He won't kill me, Michael. Never. You know, I'm his favorite son, huahahaha!||„|
|— Lucifer to Michael.|
Lucifer is a highly cunning and intelligent individual who convinces his followers to do his bidding by making Faustian bargains with them. He often makes his foes undergo harsh challenges and trials before they can face him. Lucifer is a proud and calculating Demon that takes great delight in punishing the damned, the impure find terrible punishment at the hands of Lucifer for their sins. Lucifer is also highly cruel, barbaric, and treacherous to those who get in his way and, despite his claims of being the victim, he has no qualms about killing anything or anyone, even if he has no true reason for doing so.
During the early days of the Universe, Lucifer was an extremely kind, honest angel, described as "perfect in his ways", so perfect that God placed him on a throne on an anointed mountain, adorned with burning stones known only as fire-infused stones. However after God created human beings, an Evil Entity began to corrupt Lucifer to cause the Archangel's dissatisfaction, she caused his pride to grow in such a way that when God asked him to bow down to Adam and Eve, his pride would not allow it, which angered God. Lucifer ended up becoming arrogant, thinking that God was senile and the Heaven needed a new ruler, him. Lucifer was expelled from heaven, which ended up making him even more arrogant and proud than before.
Similar to Gabriel, Lucifer has a sense of humor, rare in many angels. He can be sarcastic and casually indifferent, usually a testament to his arrogance. In an honest conversation with God, he demonstrates his indignation at the way God treated him for rebelling against humans. After God answered him how it hurt him to have to expel the Morning Star from Heaven and that despite everything he did, he still loved him, Lucifer ended up making peace with his Father.
Powers and Abilities
As one of the first angels created and an Archangel, Lucifer is extremely powerful, with Michael needing help to defeat him, he also surpasses the other archangels in power. He also has unimaginable amounts of power, even defeating entire groups of Great Old Ones and killed 20 angels by simply snapping his fingers when he returned to Heaven.
- Fallen Transcendent Angel & Archdemon Physiology: Being one of first angels in existence. Lucifer is both an all powerful angel and an archdemon lord of the Underworld. He is one of the fallen that rebelled against God, and cast out in the abyss of Hell. After his fall and transformation as an archdemon king and emperor of hell, he does not also maintain his demonic powers, but also retains his angelic powers making him more powerful and highly dangerous enemy of Heaven and the Mortal Realms. He is surpassed only by Satan, and is rivalled only by the Archangel Michael, Metatron and Merkabah.
- Immense Power (Supernatural Powers): Being both a fallen true archangel and an archdemon, Lucifer is highly a very power fallen angel and demon, he is rivalled only by his brother Michael and surpassed by Satan. He is much more powerful than the other fallen angels and the native demons of Hell, and being the "Morningstar", he retained his angelic powers and beauty. He is considered more powerful than any existing demon kings/lords, and even more powerful than even the likes of demon gods such as Argoxas and Mundus. He possess unimaginable angelic and demonic powers, that upon his appearance on Earth, it causes an unimaginable disasters and distort the very fabric of reality itself. He have innumerable powers that are beyond the comprehension of that of lesser demonic beings and fallen angels. He is able to rule over an entire pantheon (notably the demons in the Abrahamic lore) as their king out of both power and fear with very few beings capable of opposing them. This is one of the very reason why he is feared among the beings in Hell and united them as one.
- Divine-Demonic Force Manipulation: Being both a fallen archangel and supreme emperor of the demons, Lucifer have both control of anything that is symbolized as both divine/holy and demonic/unholy and has connections to gods, angels and demons. He is able to manipulate sacred and profane artifacts and relics that are connected to the gods, angels, demons, or his own power. Due to controlling both holy and unholy, the he could be in complete balance between the two forces, though he often use both for malevolent intentions and bring disorder upon creation. Additionally, his ability not only grants the user great strength, abilities, and control over numerous variations of divine-demonic powers, but also allows him to overwhelm weaker demons and angels as well as rival or surpass that of powerful entities, mainly his brother Michael.
- Malefic Force Manipulation: Lucifer gained the ability to manipulate the force of evil energy after his fall and use it to fulfill his desires, whether it be from a dimension, object, or another being. Usually he use it to cause man to sin, spread chaos, death, terrors, wars, strife, and corrupt many things to his desire.
- Supernatural Speed & Reflexes: Lucifer is glaringly and obviously fast, agile, and can move at god-like speed. His speed and reflexes allows him to predict, analyze, and see-through his opponent's movements and attack patterns. During his fight with Michael, they were capable of moving at such speed that they break the very fabric of space itself, and can cause sonic booms.
- Nigh-Absolute Invulnerability: Lucifer's body is highly indestructible and invulnerable to both physical blunt, magical, conventional, mental, spiritual attacks, conceptual, and even metaphysical. Being a former primordial archangel angel (turned fallen) and the greatest demon emperor to hailed in all of Hell, Lucifer possess nigh limitless pain tolerance and invulnerability. He can take on all holy light-based attacks that are considered deadly towards demons, with minor/little to no damages, and so far only Michael, Gabriel, or even his son Akiel are the only ones that can manage to hurt him. His durability, however, does not helps him immune towards God's primordial and holy light, as it caused him great pain, uneasiness, and he mentioned that he is not comfortable to God's presence and light.
- Transcendent Immortality: Being one of the first True Archangels that predated the dawn and the shaping of creation, Lucifer is an immortal being and nearly impossible to be killed or erased from existence. He possesses near-complete immortality: as he don't age, can rapidly heal from wounds, will essentially live forever, and always appearing in his prime, young, and beautiful condition. However, there are exceptions to his immortality, with some factors or certain people that are able to harm and ultimately kill him.
- Unlimited intelligence: Lucifer has proven himself to be one of the most intelligent being in the cosmos. Able to know and determine all things in existence, and having the knowledge that few beings are aware of. His intellect, wits, and wisdom also allows him to possess great leadership as it is one of factors that allowed him to convinced the 1/3 of the Angels to rebel against the Heaven and give the rulership of Hell under him by Satan and the other kings and princes of hell. He is al so a highly charismatic leader, able to convince even the most complicated and rebellious beings to listen to his reason, that during his rally on Hell, he united the divided Abrahamic Netherworld, under one banner. Having been living for many billions of years, Lucifer possess great wisdom and wits on how to deal with things.
- Master Magician & Sorcerer: Lucifer possesses nearly immeasurable knowledge of magic spells on various classes and categories (commonly use by the Angels, Fallen Angels, & Demons). Magic spells that can be categorize as legendary, ancient, lost, advance, or even forbidden spells, that can create massive and devastating effects and destruction. Despite quiet inferior to Gabriel on few steps of skills, Lucifer has proven himself to be a very well-versed and dangerous magic master. He has great understanding and possess mastery over various kinds of spell, even those use by other pantheons. Being an fallen true archangel and a former prince of choir, he has an immeasurable skills when it comes to both divine and demonic magics, during the formation of the ruling system of the Stygian Council in Hell, he and Satan created a unique type of magic system that is exclusive only towards the demon nobles, kings, and even the emperor of hell (mainly Lucifer). According to Beelzebub and Astaroth, it is classified as highly complex magic formula, that Lucifer and Satan created by manipulating the origin of angelic magics, used by the angels.
- Black Arts: Being both an all-powerful Fallen True Archangel and an Archdemon emperor, Lucifer can utilize highly, deadly, and powerful Black Arts: a form of magic typically used for selfish, self-serving and/or nefarious purposes. His skills on dark arts tend to focus on destruction, harming, cursing and otherwise complicating the lives of other people while advancing he's state. Due to having complete understanding over darker and malevolent elements, Lucifer can cast forbidden spells, that are commonly considered lost by even Magic Deities.
- Occultism Mastery: Lucifer has great knowledge and utilize Occultism, the belief in or study of the action or influence of hidden wisdom and supernatural powers, allowing Lucifer to have foreknowledge about and behind the supernatural and how to perform them. Being the dub as the "Prince of Lies", Lucifer has greater understanding over supernatural things and can know and answer things that are normally hard to answer. The only known character that surpassed him in this field is John Constantine the Hellblazer, as it is in this field that he can outsmart Lucifer, Satan, and even his generals.
- Powerful Master Combatant & Martial Artist: Lucifer formerly served and considered as one of the best and powerful combatants of the Heavens, rivalled only by Michael. His skills is such that no one in Hell bested him in combat (other than Satan), and no other demons dared to oppose him in battle. His combat skills are so strong that during the War of Creation he managed to destroy several Outer Gods, and killed 20 angels all at the same time during the War in Heaven, without getting serious.
- Master Deceiver & Manipulator: Being called/nicknamed as the "Father of all lies", Lucifer possess worth centuries of skills to manipulates and deceives people to do his bidding and ends. Usually corrupting or deceiving their minds to cause them to sinned and fall from God's grace and love. He is considered more dangerous than any master manipulator on Earth, and led many people for countless centuries to astray in their lives, while remaining in the sidelines, while watching them fall in corruption and despair. So far the only persons that he failed to corrupt or fall are God's Prophets and Jesus Christ. Also despite his unpredictable wits and cunningness, however, it also considered as his greatest weakness, flawed by his pride, overconfidence, and arrogance, and so far he can be outsmart by anyone who can convince him to do their biddings and ends. So far Constantine is the only person that managed to outsmart and deceive him, at some point during their meeting. He is also not as cunning, clever, and tricky, as his brother Gabriel who is known as the trickster, that during his time in Heaven he has been fallen by Gabriel's tricks countless times (even prior to and after his fall).
- Avatar Creation: Lucifer is able to create avatars in any image. However, these avatars are lifeless, controlled only by Lucifer's consciousness.
After God created Heaven and the Earth, Lucifer's pride grew. That is when God tasked him with watching over and guiding His creations. However, he became dissatisfied with following God alongside the fact that his Father favored the new creations known as humans, especially when having that a 'perfect' being like him would have to watch over these creatures like a Shepard over his flock. This dissatisfaction became paranoia and arrogance for while Lucifer loved God, he felt that God was going senile and Heaven needed a new ruler to save it.
Creation of Man
During the time the universe was under construction, the Great Beast of Darkness had been imprisoned by God in the deepest and lowest dungeons in all of Hell, limited to minor manifestations of her anti-being. In one of her small in-universe manifestations, she met with her son Satanel, with whom she mentioned that she was imprisoned and needed a way to break free and the two of them together managed to defeat Yesh. Satan managed to allow a small fraction of Ayin's corrupt spirit to penetrate Paradise, going to the holy mountain where Lucifer was amid the flaming stones, sitting on his throne. When this spirit of Ayin approached the Morning Star, it quickly entered its body and began to play intrigues and doubts in the Dawn Star's mind.
When God created Adam and his wife Lilith in 4,004 B.C.E., the Lord called His angels, aeons, and jinn to bow down to humans and love him more than they love him. God declared mankind to be His greatest creation. Lucifer, however, corrupted by jealousy and envy implanted in his heart by Ayin, refused to bow before humans, arguing that they were flawed and evil, while he and his brothers and sisters were beings of light, born of God's own Glory, and should not bow to "clay dolls". Angered, God sent Lucifer back to Paradise. As time passed, the son of the morning began to feel more jealous of the man, and this hurt his pride, as the "monkeys made of clay" were more loved by God than he was. This feeling however, came from the influence of the Great Evil Beast that was further corrupting the Morning Star.
Blinded by jealousy and pride, Lucifer began to corrupt his brothers and sisters and eventually trillions of angels were at his disposal, who alongside the Regent of Light did not agree with God giving more importance to Adam than his own family, the which unleashed a terrible war led by Lucifer and his armies, together with Satanel, Samael and Iblis, against Michael, Gabriel, Uriel and Raphael and their armies. The battle ended with the Dawn Star being thrown from Paradise with a third of the angels on Earth. The angels then ceased to be God's angels of light and became the dark demons of Ayin, the Anti-God. With the family in Heaven devastated, in Hell, the Abyssal Goddess laughed, for her plan was gradually being fulfilled, her plan to end her brother's world, using Lucifer as her vessel.
Fall from Grace
With this arrogance, Lucifer rebelled against God, with the support of many angels. However, Lucifer was overcome by his brother Michael and the Chariot Merkabah, with God then banishing him and his followers from Heaven. Lucifer fell for days, until he was sealed inside Lucifer's Cage, stuck for eternity he waited for his servants to free him. When freed, his form was demonized into the current form known now. With this new form, he conquered Hell from Yetzer Hara and other demon lords and made it his domain. Since conquering Hell, he not only rules over the fallen angels, but also the demons that were native to Hell.
After the human birth of Jesus Christ, Lucifer offered him the world in exchange for his allegiance. He still considered humans just dross, and tried to stop Jesus from dying for such insignificant beings. However, Christ rejected and responded that he I came down from heaven, not to do his own will, but the will of God who sent him. Lucifer still yearns to return to Heaven and eventually take the throne he feels he is destined to sit on though as centuries pass by, his interest in the Throne of God started to dissipate, more desiring to keep his throne in the depths of Hell.
However, his authoritarian superiority couldn't stop his utter boredom and so decided to abdicated his throne and gifted to Beelzebub, one of his most subordinates. Afterwards, he went to Earth asking one of Lilith's children, a lilim known as Mazikeen to join him which she agreed. There he created a bar for the supernatural and mortal right in Los Angeles which he called Lux. He did eventually return to Hell and once again became the supreme emperor of the infernal realm.
Once Lucifer sense a strange energy coming from the upper sectors of Hell and went towards it. There he saw a female figure being ambushed by thousands of demonic entities who saw her as a threat and seek to kill her. They stopped when they sense Lucifer's presence who then eradicated them for their attack, saving the female figure in the process. She introduced herself as the Arcutha Tarica who was able to leave her race's prison with the help of her leader and father Calur.
After hearing what she was, Lucifer showed interest yet paranoia due to being one of the only beings to know what an Arcutha, only then primordials and outer gods, and what threat she could propose so he decided to bring her to his castle with the set orders not to leave without his permission. At first Lucifer was condescending and ignored her presence, only watching her so she didn't escape, but her compassionate nature had affected Lucifer who was remained of his time as Helel while still God's favorite child.
That compassion was able to change Lucifer in some minor degree as he showed her at little respect until the fallen archangel-turned-demon lord had completely fallen in love with her, taking as a consort before becoming his third wife, behind Lilith and Barbelo. However, this did not go well with Lilith who tried to destroy the growing relationship with them due to her believing that Tarica shouldn't be a consort of the Supreme Demon Emperor, ignorant of what she truly was. Satan however did and commanded to stop and let them be, which she reluctantly did, only after Satan promised that Lucifer would always love her the most.
Tarica seeing what she accidently doing to Lilith, and Barbelo in some small scale, decided to tell them everything about her as to have them trust her.
Birth of Akiel
The major event in Lucifer's relationship with Tarica was the birth of their child, Akiel, who when Lucifer held in his own arms had fallen in love with his son. This even which would become one of his favorite moments in very existence. However, Satan didn't feel the same as he theorized would become one of the greatest beings in Creation due to being a mix of Arcutha, Archdemon, True Archangel and the essence of God himself and feared that this hybrid would herald the End Times or even become the vessel the Anti-God itself.
When Satan told this to Lucifer, his joy immediately vanished and was replaced with paranoia and wishing to not take such as a risk had brought Tarica and his son Akiel somewhere away, right back to his bar Lux, which was still under Mazikeen, and used his greatest sorcery to hide them. There they would be hidden until his now teenage son met with God himself.
Myths and Legends
The name Lucifer is derived from earlier Latin proses and poetry; lux, lucis, "light," and fero, ferre, "to bear, bring," symbolizing his role as the "Morning Star" and the strongest Seraph, the highest ranked angel serving God prior his fall from grace.
He is known by many epithets, including the Serpent, the Devil, the Dragon, The Red Angel, The Angel of Disaster, The Angel of the Abyss, The Prince of the Power of the Air, The Prince of this World, the "Prince of Darkness", the Demon Lord, Old Scratch, Abaddon, Beelzebub, Mephistopheles, Iblis, Mastema, Satan although some of this titles were attributed to actual demons themselves, the names themselves describe Lucifer's power and wickedness.
The reason for Lucifer's rebellion differs from interpretation to interpretation, however, the three most accepted reasons of the fall is a refusal to bow down to mankind upon its creation, disagreement about God's plan of salvation, or the sin of Pride in aspiring to overthrow his creator and become ruler of Heaven himself. Nevertheless, he is widely and ultimately regarded as the angel that rebelled against his creator. For such an act, he was also identified with Satan himself even though the two are completely separate beings. But it is because of his form and pride that his actions are considered so demonic that he would be compared to the Devil.
The name Lucifer was never identified with Satan until the Latin translation of the Book Isaiah in the Christian era. A specific passage in the book refers to the defeat of a King of Babylon, who is named as Lucifer, a name that refers to the Morning Star or Day Star, which subsequently became translated as Lucifer. In the Book of Peter, the name also referred to the Morning Star in general, but with no relation to the Devil. Jesus himself is sometimes called the Morning Star, but not "Lucifer", even in Latin.
- Lucifer is so powerful and cunning that he has gained the loyalty of many demons including Beelzebub, Lucifuge along with many others.
- Beelzebub is one of the few beings Lucifer would consider a friend.
- For some odd reason, Lucifer considers Diana a sibling of his and vise versa.
- Helel is the name of a Babylonian King who was condemned in a vision by the Prophet Isaiah. The name was also used to refer to Jesus who was is referred to as the Star of the Morning. The name became synonymous with Satan, following the publication of the King James Edition of the Bible.