|“||Of all the creatures in the vastness of the Universe, there is none like me. I was present at the birth of the Universe, and I shall be there at its end. Though I ravage worlds to live, I bear no malice toward any living thing. I simply do what I must to survive. And why must Vitriol survive? For, no matter how many worlds I devour ... How many civilizations I destroy ... It is my destiny to one day give back to the Universe – Infinitely more than I have ever taken from it. So speaks Vitriol.||„|
Leo Viridis, frequently referred to as Vitriol, is a Pre-existential entity of Oblivion and representation of aqua regia in Alchemy.
Although he is not exactly malevolent, he is nevertheless a dangerous individual who requires nothing short of entire worlds to hold off his eternal hunger and is also linked in such a way to the universe. This makes Vitriol somewhat unique in the fact he is both an immensely destructive force yet also necessary for the existence of the universe.
Vitriol seems to prefer planets that are inhabited, or at the very least suitable for life, this trait only serves to make him more amoral as his endless hunger has cost the lives of millions - otherwise billions as well as rendering even more homeless and scattered across the universe. He will sometimes eat realities.
Too powerful to be defeated by most, Vitriol is often portrayed as a force rather than a being like a destructive god who thinks nothing of pitiful pleas for mercy or compassion yet also seems to be driven by a deeper understanding of the universe than mortals - as he once stated he is ultimately destined to give much more than he has taken from the universe.
It has also been revealed that Vitriol is the only one of the few things stopping the spirit of destruction known as Ayin from being released into the universe - so in many ways, the universe is lucky to have Vitriol around.
Of course none of this means much to those caught in the path of a hungry Vitriol and for many the towering figure of Vitriol is the final image they will ever see as their world is consumed by an unimaginable force of power - perhaps this is what truly makes Vitriol so terrifying, he is not evil, he can not be bribed nor reasoned with, he simply is.
Vitriol usually appears as a giant green lion with blue eyes, however his appearance can change from being to being based on their culture and background. Some say that he is a green serpent-like creature whose mouth can devour entire planets whole.
Vitriol seems to have a rather passive and quietly prefers to devour planets that are inhabited, or at the very least suitable for life, this trait only serves to make him more amoral as his endless hunger has cost the lives of millions - otherwise billions as well as rendering even more homeless and scattered across the universe.
Too powerful to be defeated by most (even for fellow cosmic entity; Ouroboros the Pre-existential of Infinity), Vitriol is often portrayed as a force rather than a being like a destructive primordial god who thinks nothing of pitiful pleas for mercy or compassion yet also seems to be driven by a deeper understanding of the universe than mortals - as he once stated he is ultimately destined to give much more than he has taken from the universe. Despite that, however he still has a limits, as he knows when to eat/devour and when to stop, as it will disrupt the balance of the cosmos.
It has also been revealed that Vitriol is the only one of the few beings that can stop and defeat the spirit of destruction known as Ayin from being released into the universe - so in many ways, the universe is lucky to have Vitriol around.
Of course none of this means much to those caught in the path of a hungry Vitriol and for many the towering figure of Vitriol is the final image they will ever see as their world is consumed by an unimaginable force of power - perhaps this is what truly makes Vitriol so terrifying. He is not evil, but he can not be bribed nor reasoned with, he simply is. The only thing he knows is to devour (uninhabitable) planets only to balance the worlds of the mortal realm.
Powers and Abilities
Vitriol possesses immeasurable power and is one of the most powerful beings in the universe, having near-limitless godlike powers, and being considered an omnipotent entity. His cosmic powers are beyond most forms of measurement. Some have ranked him around with a greter level of power then Odin, Zeus, the Ennead, and the Trimurti, but below God, Khaos, Barbelo, Azathoth, and possibly the Ouroboros, some have even said he is above even Rebis. As such, Vitriol is able to employ the cosmic energy within him to produce virtually any effect he desires. Vitriol has also shown the ability to overcome Odin. In effect, the virtually omniscient Khaos remarked that Vitriol's battle against Ayin affected reality itself, and suggested they threatened to destroy the Multiverse entirely if their fight had not ceased.
However, although his power is great, it is dependent on the amount of energy he has absorbed from planets. If he does not feed regularly, then it will run out, and he will weaken and starve to death.
- Primordial Cosmic Entity Physiology: Vitriol possesses the immeasurable Power Cosmic and is one of the most powerful beings in the Universe, having lower levels of nigh-omnipotence. He was once referred to as "the most awesome living entity in the cosmos." As such, Vitriol is able to employ the cosmic energy within him to produce virtually any effect he desires. He can also move faster than most beings of the universe. He is said to be one of the few entities capable of stopping or defeating the Pre-existential anti-matter of destruction Ayin.
- Transcendent Immortality: Vitriol is said to be one of the oldest living entities; therefore people consider him as an ageless being. He also normally can't be killed through normal means.
- Nigh-Absolute Invulnerability: Vitriol is immune to all diseases, ailments, and toxins. In addition, he is enormously resistant to damage. He was able to survive from 2 planets colliding and a sizable nuclear arsenal, but was severely injured in the process. Even the likes of deities can rarely hurt him without outside help.
- Energy Generation & Projection: Vitriol can project an energy blast powerful enough to shatter a medium-sized planet. After absorbing the energy from several planets, Vitriol proved capable of destroying at least three solar systems in one omnidirectional blast. Therefore, his energy projection only becomes limited by how much he consumes.
- Energy Absorption: Arguably his most viable power, as his survival depends on absorbing the Life Force from planets or stars. During his fight with Ayub, he showed that he is even capable of absorbing an entire pocket dimension.
- Size-Alteration: Vitriol has the ability to increase his size and mass at will, the extent of which is unknown. He once grew to a stature so great that he could wrestle with a being as big as the sun.
- Force-Field Generation: Vitriol can erect near-impenetrable energy shields.
- Flight: Vitriol can traverse or glide through air and space using sheer willpower.
- Molecular Restructuring: Vitriol can manipulate, reshape and rearrange the molecular complexions of any organism, allowing him to rebuild or redesign things internally.
- Matter Transmutation: Vitriol can control matter in any object which allows him to turn something tangible like lead, into something intangible like water.
- Teleportation: Vitriol can make himself, other people, and objects appear anywhere in the entire universe that he wishes with a mere thought. He has even teleported the planet Galador from one galaxy to another. He even stated that if Ayin where to be free from her imprisonment, he will just teleport himself on her location, and either stop or end her for good.
- Inter-Dimensional Travel: Being a cosmic entity, Vitriol can travel through dimensions of infinite realities and universes. He is among the few entities that can travel through worlds and dimensions.
- Portal Creation: Vitriol can create wormholes between dimensions and within dimensions. Due to having complete mastery and possessing limitless cosmic energies, he can create countless portals, capable of ripping through space and time, and are said that he can distort the very reality if he wants to. Due to having an endless search for food, at one point he even occupy the space between the two dimensions, in search for great things he will devour.
- Telepathy: Vitriol can read or communicate with other minds across universal distances.
- Omni-Telekinesis: Vitriol can move enormous amounts of mass through mental concentration. His telekinesis are far superior than Ayin, as he states he that he can easily swat her like a fly, despite her overwhelming power and bind her back from her imprisonment if he wants to. A mere sight of him are more than enough to immobilize any beings through sheer fear because of his frightening appearance and power.
- Cosmic Awareness: Vitriol can sense disturbances or changes within the cosmic ether on a universal scale. He is able to sense if Ayin will be awaken or be free from her imprisonment, and that was the time we will act and stop the primordial anti-matter and spirit of destruction.
- Resurrection: Vitriol can raise the dead. He can easily revive them by just looking at their dead corpse.
- Sentient Life Creation: Vitriol can create complex, sentient, biological or bio-technical life-forms seemingly from nothing, or at least using his control over molecules to do so.
- Psychíkinesis: Vitriol can control and manipulate the souls and spirits of living beings at will. He uses this power to alter the memories and emotions of others.
- Absolute Recreation: Vitriol was able to recreate an entire planet, including population, etc. in every detail.
- Divine Healing: Vitriol is able to heal himself and others from physical wounds although this may simply be molecular reconstruction. He can also heal anyone he touches.
- Omniscience: Vitriol, as one of the oldest known living entities in the universe, arguably possesses the universe's most advanced intellect. Yog-Sothoth has admitted an inability to fully comprehend even the most rudimentary devices found within Vitriol despite him being smarter than Vitriol in a few areas. Vitriol himself is a solar system-sized construct that is said to surpass any natural world in beauty and splendor and yet within its computers is contained knowledge so unfathomable and far-reaching it can grant awesome power to those who come into contact with it. However, he is not as omniscient, as God.
Born before the universe came to be the young Vitriol was born from the Cosmic Egg, unlike most of the other pre-existentials however, he didn't participate in the fight between God, Khaos, and Azathoth as he was more focused on trying to find something to eat. After said fight, God insisted on having Vitriol killed or atleast imprisoned, but Khaos, who favored Vitriol, argued that Vitriol hasn't done anything wrong, and that he won't if he is fed, God was convinced and let Vitriol continue.
Myths and Legends
A green lion consuming the sun is a common alchemical image and is seen in texts such as the Rosarium philosophorum. The symbol is a metaphor for vitriol (the green lion) purifying matter (the sun), leaving behind gold.
|“||Vitriol is and ever will be.||„|
|— Carl Black.|
|“||The world isn't black and white brat, it's filled with numerous shades of gray. Except for me, then it is emerald-green, 'cause unless it is emerald-green then I don't want it.||„|